Strong families express their appreciation for one another and communicate well. To appreciate someone means to express their value or worth, to “treasure” them.
- How Do We Know That We Are Loved?
- Love Must Be Felt
- The Five Languages of Love
- Avoiding Misunderstandings
- Love Is About the Other Person
- Discovering the Love Language of Your Spouse and Children
- Communication Bridges the Gap
- How Does Verbal Communication Work?
- Listening — A Valuable Gift
- Making Sure Your Spouse Feels Understood
- Different Levels of Communication
- About Priorities and Trust — Life in a Goldfish Bowl
- You Can Be a Mom Once!
- Interview With Keith and Marilyn Hamilton (REAPP)
- To appreciate someone means to express their value or worth – in other words, to “treasure” them.
- If my spouse or child expresses and experiences love in a different way than I do, I need to learn his or her love language.
- A request makes a way for love to be expressed, a demand cuts the way off from love.
- Relationships develop through communication.
- Human beings have a deep need to be understood.
- The key lies in both people truly waiting to understand each other.
by Georg & Christine Schubert